i bet you're a little confused that the text
is aligned left instead of centered,
but that's because this isn't you're average recipe post,
this is a health warning.
i wanted things to remain fairly positive up in here.
i never wanted to nag you about how to live your life
or what you should and shouldn't eat.
but i figured what's more positive than saving your life...
DUN DUN DUN
friends, enemies, frenemies,
do you regularly enjoy popcorn in those microwave-able bags
that come pre-seasoned and flavoured?
please don't anymore.
they are slowly killing you.
and not because of the obscene amounts of sodium and fat,
or unpronounceable ingredients
that you are ingesting when you eat it.
it's the stuff you are inhaling.
some of those artificial ingredients, the ones used for the
become literally poisonous gases when made airborne.
they cause cancer, birth defects, permanently destroy your lungs,
and can cause changes to your immune system and liver function.
as i am against repitition on the internet,
(always remember that EVERYTHING you post or type online is stored in data banks somewhere, which are machines that have to be maintained and cooled and new ones
are constantly being built as i type just to store what i am typing right now as memory....)
so read this.
i implore you.
research, spread the word.
i know that there's alot of stuff in the world that's "bad for you"
and it isn't always obvious,
but this seems particularly sneaky.
the VAPOURS from something as harmless as popcorn?
it's a whole new direction food products are going
in order to be irresistible to
and horrible for us.
i don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist.
i don't think corporations TRY to harm us with their products,
but they sure don't seem to care much when they do.
as long as they make a buck or a million while they're at it.
popcorn used to be (and still can be) a very healthy
and CHEAP snack.
if you do not have a microwave,
these can be found in thrift stores for a couple of bucks.
they work great.
just stick to the bulk popcorn in the bins at your grocery store,
avoid the bags of orville and other brand popcorns near to the microwave popcorn,
they might have those flavourings on them.
the most important thing to point out is that
the companies claim to be "changing their formulas" and
removing the so-called "toxic ingredients."
this may be true.
but the chemicals they are replacing them with
are almost molecularly identical and have
been proven to be just as dangerous!
please read this other, much more thorough article.
diacetyl - causes bronchiolitis obliterans (aka “popcorn lung”)
which is debilitating and potentially fatal. irreversibly destroys
the small airways in the lung. the only treatment is a single or
double lung transplant.
perfluorooctanoic acid - PFOA - exposure has
been associated with birth defects, increased cancer rates, and
changes to lipid levels, the immune system and liver function.