especially after i was all like: "i'm totally gunna post something soon and it's gunna be sooo awesum..."
the sad thing is, i HAVE been cooking. i just HAVEN'T been taking pictures of that process or it's results.
like just two weekends ago, i got a 20 lb pork leg roast, bone in, rubbed it all over with a marmalade-marinade, tossed it in the oven at 8pm (guess what pork roasts take 26 minutes/lb), hacked it apart at 4 am, and the next day i stewed it with tomatoes, salsa, spices, made some roasted corn, sauteed squash, rice, and rolled 62 burritos to be frozen and eaten conveniently whenever i am hungry but don't want to cook. making your own frozen burritos is super neato. also, i did some math (be cool - stay in school), and they only cost $1.60 EACH!!! for a big, fat burrito stuffed with delicious, tender pork, old cheddar, rice, beans and veg!!! obviously you could put anything in them you wanted. there is no limit to the combinations of filling. believe it or not, they are almost half gone. as soon as they are i will make 60 more and make sure there is PHOTO DOCUMENTATION so you can follow more easily what went on.
in the meantime, here's my spare time to-do list:
1. once the snow clears up, order cookies from cookiedrop. he delivers you fresh-baked cookies on a bicycle while wearing a nice suit. aw.
2. go to the victoria winter market in market square.
3. seedy saturday! feb 18th!
4. big leaf maple syrup festival? yum.
5. make the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls again and freeze them. burritos and cinnamon rolls any. time. i. want.
6. eat more lentils.
7. have a fondue night. cheese, that is.
8. try replacing white and brown sugar with coconut palm sugar.
9. make marshmallows again.
10. eat beets. i haven't had one in months and i have a craving.
11. make soup! preferably one with squash and/or cheese and/or apples..
12. like cookiedrop but with pies!
13. make a legit grubstake post. see you soon!